Round slings are commonly used in the lifting industry. They are light, flexible, easy to use and are generally used in situations where the load can be damaged by heavy chain or wire slings or where companies wish to improve workplace safety by using lighter, easier to use lifting slings.
Our most popular round-slings are made from 100% high tenacity polyester yarn and wound in a continuous endless hank inside a polyester sleeve that protects the load bearing core yarn, providing a very strong yet very light and flexible lifting sling.
An important feature of USC round-slings are our covered tough tags. All of our tags are made from reinforced PVC material so they will not tear, and all tags are covered. Longer lasting tags means your slings can stay in service longer, costing you less.
USC polyester round slings from 10t through to 125t WLL use a very heavy polyester cover. Over 2 times thicker than the industry standard which means our slings will last longer, costing you less in the long run.
USC can manufacture round slings to your specific requirements, specific lengths, extra thick covers, tighter covers, looser covers to suit a particular application are all possible.
Round slings must not be used where excessive heat or sharp edges may damage the sling.
EXPERT USE ONLY: Always inspect your slings before use for any damage and only use if you have been trained by a competent person.
- USC polyester round slings are made from 1t WLL to 125t WLL and up 50m long
- 100% polyester core yarn and sleeve
- Conform to AS4497.2018 Round-slings-synthetic fibre
- Individually tested to 2 x WLL with NATA cert.
- Safety Factor: 7:1
- Working temperature range: -40 to 90 degrees C.
- Specific gravity: 1.38
- Strength loss when wet: Nil
- Elongation at WLL approx. 3%
- Elongation at break approx. 10–12%
- Creep resistance: Good
- Microbial resistance: Good
- Abrasion resistance: Good
- Excellent resistance to mildew, good ageing
- Degrades after prolonged exposure to sunlight
- Good resistance to weak alkalis and weak acids
- Moderate resistance to strong acids and alkali