- 2 ply flat slings
- 4 ply flat slings
- Single ply and 3 ply flat slings
- 2 ply flat slings with end fittings
- Endless flat sling in single and 2 ply
- Wide body flat slings
- Glass lifting slings
- Multi-leg slings
- Boat slings
Their broad bearing surface is popular for lifting fragile loads such as boats or piping. They are light, flexible, easy to use and are generally used in situations where the load can be damaged by heavy chain or wire slings or where companies wish to improve workplace safety by using lighter, easier to use lifting slings.
All USC flat webbing slings are made on our WA premises to AS1353.1, individually tested and supplied with NATA certificates.
An important feature of USC flat-slings are our tough tags. All of our tags are made from a heavy reinforced PVC material so they will not tear. Longer lasting tags means your slings will stay in service longer, costing you less.
- Capacities from 0.5t WLL to 20t WLL
- Lengths to 50m long
- 100% polyester webbing
- Conform to AS1353.1-1997 flat-synthetic webbing slings
- Individually tested to 2 x WLL with NATA cert.
- Safety Factor: 8:1
- Working temperature range: -40 to 90 degrees C.
- Specific gravity: 1.38
- Strength loss when wet: Nil
- Elongation at WLL approx. 4%
- Elongation at break approx. 13%-15%
- Creep resistance: Good
- Microbial resistance: Good
- Abrasion resistance: Good
- Excellent resistance to mildew, good ageing
- Degrades after prolonged exposure to sunlight
- Good resistance to weak alkalis and weak acids
- Moderate resistance to strong acids and alkali
EXPERT USE ONLY: Always inspect your slings before use for any damage and only use if you have been trained by a competent person.
Flat Webbing Slings
Flat webbing slings can be made in a number of different styles, the most common style is our 2 ply sling with formed, reinforced eyes.
Flat slings can be made with a variety of eye styles, folded eyes, flat eyes and reversed eyes.
- 2 ply slings range from 500kg WLL to 10,000kg WLL
- 4 ply slings range from 12,000 WLL to 20,000kg WLL
- Single ply and 3 ply slings also available
- Sling widths range from 25mm to 300mm
- Sling thicknesses range from 10mm for 2 ply to 20mm for 4 ply slings
Boat slings are a modified 2 ply sling and can be made to any length or style. Generally boat slings are 300mm wide 2 ply flat slings with a 3–4 finger join near the middle to allow slings to be released once the boat has been lowered onto its cradle or chocks.
- Made to AS1353.1 and individually tested with NATA certs.
- 100% polyester for good UV and chemical resistance
- Any lengths made to order
- Widths generally 300mm
- Chine pads and keel pads made to order
- Edge protection for the slings available
- Made to suit Travel-lift cranes
Endless Webbing Slings
Endless webbing slings have the advantage of being able to turn the sling around to share the wear and tear at lifting points. Endless slings are flexible and easy to use and can be made in a variety of ways. They can be made from 250kg WLL through to 20,000kg WLL in widths ranging from 25mm to 300mm.
Wide Body Flat Slings
Wide body flat slings are generally used when a very broad bearing sling is required for very fragile lifts. Wide body slings should only be used in basket lift mode and can be made to any width or length required.